Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fresno Baby Shower

The Fresno baby shower was this past Saturday and it was such a beautiful party thanks to Aunt Patty and Meri! It was so nice to see everyone and have them share in a day of celebration for the upcoming arrival of our little girl. One of the funniest things we did was play a game where Aunt Patty had melted 12 different chocolate bars into little diapers and we had to guess what they were... needless to say I am assuming that baby diapers don't normally smell like a snickers bar :) The food, family, friends and atmosphere were so wonderful and I am so thankful for everyone's thoughtfulness!

Other than that, I can't believe that Marshall and I had our fifth Lamaze class last night. We talked a lot more about actual labor and "comfort measures", which I was definitely interested in. I am still so curious as to how I will react to labor, but I really do think that if I go into it with a positive mindset that can only help. Staying positive has been a bit difficult for me lately as I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with getting ready for the baby, working, preparing for Marshall's graduation and also taking some time to myself and think about labor and what life will be like with a newborn. It is amazing how many birth "horror" stories I hear in relation to any "good" ones! I guess I will just have to wait and see for myself and I can't believe we only have thirty something days now!

Aunt Patty and I



Linda, Grandma Jan and I


The Group Shot


Opening Presents


Yummy Cupcakes!

No comments: