Well it looks like I will be back on a flight to Seattle again, but this time with Marshall and for a more somber reason as my grandma died on Tuesday night. What is truly amazing is that I know she was excited to see Lili and I this last weekend and it was so great to see her just days before she passed. This flight up should be much better though as I will have Marshall to lean on (it feels better for me to sit somewhat sideways) and we are flying direct from Fresno to Seattle both ways, which means less than 4 hours flying time roundtrip (phew).
In other news, our good friends Jenny and Colin are expecting their first baby this September, which is really exciting! Since the Hougardy-Berzins clan was so tight growing up, it will be cool to start a new generation going. Now we just need to get Mari and Lili (??) on board!
Marshall and I went to Babies R Us tonight to buy some stuff with the giftcards we have received. It was nice to pick stuff out for the baby and realize that she will be here with us so very soon. It is unbelievable to me that we are finally in this long awaited third and final trimester now. It really hit home yesterday when I was "pre-registering" with the hospital (so that we don't have to fill out forms, find the insurance card, etc while I'm having contractions) and they told me I would have to come in to sign the final paperwork ASAP since I could go into labor at any point from here on out. It almost freaked me out to think of that, since in my head I keep thinking of all there is to do to get ready before May comes. One big thing we have been doing is trying to get Marlee used to all of this new baby stuff. We have turned on the baby swing and we even started taking him on walks with an empty stroller. It was pretty funny because the first night we took the stroller out some people tried to scope out the "baby" inside and Marshall just said "There's no baby in there" quite matter of factly. It actually would have been quite funny if we were serious and insisted that there was in fact a baby in the stroller. Either way, we must have looked like a couple of crazies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's so great that she had a chance to see you [through glass even so] while you were here.
On another note, I think the "phantom baby" shtick would've been hilarious! If ya end up trying it out in the next few weeks you gotta let me know how it goes.
Melissa
Post a Comment