Wednesday, February 20, 2013
A baby GIRL & the halfway point!!
I can't believe it has only been a few days since our ultrasound and finding out that we are having another girl, it seems like SO much longer than that! I was so incredibly nervous on Friday morning so I'm glad that we had our appointment scheduled really early. We got the kids all ready, dropped them off and were on our way over to Children's. We got called back right at our appointment time and our tech was really sweet. She asked us if we wanted to know boy/girl and we said yes! We also told her that we've been told that our children have always been more than happy to provide that information and she just smiled. She had me lay down, put the wand on my stomach and literally the very first image that came up on the big screen tv they had was the full on spread eagle potty shot! Needless to say the tech was shocked and said, normally I don't say this right away like this but that is definitely a girl! Wow, we were both so surprised, excited and shocked! With as sick as I have been I actually had myself fully convinced we were having another boy (while I wasn't as sick with Roscoe I certainly was more sick during his pregnancy). I was actually so convinced to the point that we had fully selected a boy name only and now we are trying to figure out what to name this baby girl! Everything else looked great at the appointment and while the tech had some difficulty getting some measurements and it took longer than normal, we were told that everything looked good so we were very excited.
After the appointment we went to Buy Buy Baby and bought our newest daughter a cute little strawberry outfit and looked at some stuff in person I had been researching online. We then wrapped it up there at the store and picked up the kids. We took them out to lunch at Red Robin and let them open up the outfit to tell them they were getting a baby sister. Neither of them FULLY understood but after talking to Hazel about it for a minute it really started to sink in for her. She is so very excited and now talks about baby sister all the time! Roscoe is growing and changing so much every day that by the time sister is here and he is just 6 weeks from being 3 years old I really think his understanding of it all is going to increase as well.
So now with all that excitement it is mostly just regular OB visits every 4 weeks and a whole lot more waiting. My next OB check is the day before we leave for New York, so I'm hoping it is a normal and uneventful one. Other than that I've completely exhausted myself pulling out every single box of baby clothing we have and sorting it all over again. I had to pull all the gender neutral stuff out of Roscoe's boxes and also get things sorted from Hazel's as her sizing and seasons were way off (curious if this baby girl will be the same way?). I now have this baby girl's dresser all full and ready with her 0-3 month stuff and all the other sized boxes ready to go in the closet in the kids' room.
Lastly here's a comparison of me at 20 weeks with each pregnancy. After not making it to this point once before I'm so incredibly grateful and happy to be celebrating this milestone again with a baby girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I'm so happy for you guys!!
Congrats! I think Jenny is a super name! :)
Maija. for obvious reasons.
Yay for baby girl! So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment