Another week down, getting closer and closer to the halfway mark! Pregnancy wise things have been about the same this week, not too much new stuff to report. Feeling better for the most part but still getting the bouts of nausea and headaches along with the fatigue. I have a regular appointment on Friday morning which means another four weeks have passed by since my last visit. So far I've gained 10 pounds in the first 18 weeks which I'm happy about. I've been trying to balance what sounds good to eat/drink with what I should be eating/drinking as I don't have the extreme nausea as an excuse anymore. So far the weight gain is pretty much mirroring Hazel's pregnancy exactly (I gained 30 lbs with her) so we shall see how it continues to progress.
The weekend was fun except the kids were still sick. Roscoe's croup was on it's way out but Marshall and I noticed that he still wasn't acting like himself so Marshall took Roscoe to Urgent Care on Saturday morning (I was too afraid to take her for fear of my pregnant self being in that germ zone). Turns out he had an ear infection that hadn't gotten too bad yet so we were able to start him on antibiotics right away and he really turned a corner to getting better. Unfortunately on Friday night when we were out to dinner is when Hazel started feeling sick. She had a fever and cough and was really whiny. She just didn't act much like herself for most of the weekend (took a looong nap during the Superbowl party even though there were desserts, a bounce house, etc). Its been tough with her taking these long naps during the day as it is turning into very late bedtimes (last night she didn't fall asleep again until 1 am!) but there's no way of preventing it right now. Marshall also got sick (along with me) over the weekend so I'm just really hoping this next week brings us all much rest and recovery!
Disney on Ice was great and I actually think the kids being sick was to our advantage as they sat with us and weren't too squirmy for those two hours. I made sure to bring them their Disney stuffed animals, drinks, treats, snacks and stickers from home before we got there as I can not stand the price gouging at Disney events! It went over well until Hazel decided she really wanted a popcorn like the kids in front of us. She didn't get one because do you know how much a popcorn cost there??!?!? TWELVE DOLLARS!! What?!?! Unbelievable and totally ridiculous. I just need to make a mental note to make and bring my twelve cent popcorn with us next year. Heck, if I'm feeling real crazy I'll even put it in a Disney themed container from the dollar zone at Target ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I HATE the prices at those kids events! Twelve bucks for popcorn is ridiculous. The Disney container is a brilliant idea!
aren't they crazy? When I took Elizabeth, the people checking bags were only allowing 1 snack per family. Good thing most of ours were at the bottom of the bag and they didn't comment, but I couldn't believe they were making people take them back to their cars or throw them away. CRAZY!!
take care, sickies!
Post a Comment