Wow, I can't believe this week is already halfway done! We have stayed busy and Roscoe got sick over the weekend so that makes things more complicated. He has croup (coughing, fever, etc plus he was throwing up for awhile there while coughing so hard). I remember going through this with Hazel and know it is mostly just a wait it out situation, so this time around it doesn't seem so scary (as the crazy coughing and breathing certainly sound scary) What surprised me most though was after pretty much not sleeping at all on Monday night as I was up with Roscoe I felt quite normal on Tuesday. I was actually able to get some extra cleaning done around here while he slept which was great since it has been tough to get anything done in general.
In baby news I'm so happy that after much back and forth we finally have an appointment for our BIG ultrasound!!! It is going to be Friday 2/15 at 7:45 am (I really like the early appointments, less stress than waiting all day). I'm trying not to get too anxious about it ahead of time but so badly want to just see that everything is ok and we have a healthy little baby in there. We have been so fortunate to have this scan be a wonderful experience the last two times so I am really hoping for a three-peat. What's craziest is that the ultrasound place gives a window of when you can book based on your pregnancy dates. As Marshall already has Mondays off and we are trying to save his days off for after the baby gets here we would prefer doing appointments on Mondays. With the last scan at 12-13 weeks the only Mondays included in the booking window happened to be Christmas Eve & New Year's! Go figure. This time around the only Monday was President's day so again they were closed and we are going on Friday instead. I just love how this little baby has such a sense of humor already :)
Slowly slowly slowly I feel like I'm reaching that nice stage of the second trimester that everyone talks about. I can't believe it has taken so long but I'm grateful for its arrival. I feel like 17 weeks is getting somewhere but then when I realize there are still 23 weeks left that sounds like a lot to me!
This weekend should be fun. We are going to Disney on Ice on Saturday afternoon and then to Aunt Patty's huge Superbowl blowout on Sunday. It's nice to have fun plans that are in town, as that means no packing or thinking too hard about what to bring or what to do with the dog :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Can't wait to hear the results of the ultrasound! Let me know how you like Disney on Ice. I'm thinking about getting us tickets, but wondering if it's too old for Syd and too young for Eli.
Feel better, Roscoe!
Looking forward to knowing the results of the scan! Another pal to add to this ever growing group of friends.
i hope the little thing cooperates and shows whether it has a willy or not.
Post a Comment