Words can't even begin to describe what a beautiful day it has been today. To start, I woke up a bit nervous for my appointment and decided to check my last CPA exam score... and I passed!! I can't believe I am all done with the hours of studying!
What's funny is that I always thought that finding out about my final score would be so wonderful. However, the passing score was much overshadowed by my doctor's appointment at 9. I was pretty anxious beforehand and what's funny is that while I was standing there waiting for the nurse to watch for the urine pregnancy test to turn positive, I actually wondered if it was going to (which of course it did!). The doctor was wonderful and even did an ultrasound so that we could try and figure out just how old Jellybean is. She was nice enough to even give me Jellybean's first picture! Of course, I can't quite tell what is what, but the black circle in the middle is supposed to be our sweet baby. The ultrasound put Jellybean as older than we thought, but she said it would be easier to tell at the next appointment. They sent me off with all sorts of great information, including a journal and a book, which I thought was great. My next appointment is scheduled for 2 weeks from today, September 25th, so that we can see Jellybean's heartbeat!!
Afterwards, I was sent off to the lab to give all sorts of blood samples for various tests to be done. Of course it was not my favorite event of the day, but I couldn't help but just be thrilled that I was there to get the bloodwork because I am pregnant.
It has dawned on my so many times today that it is somewhat ironic to have such a joy-filled day on September 11th, which brings up thoughts of so much sadness and loss. It is amazing how this world works and that life and death are so intertwined. I am continually reminded of just how precious life can be.



No comments:
Post a Comment