I've been having a lot of fun looking back now on old blog posts to see the differences and similarities between this pregnancy and the others. It's all part of my very scientific research into making my best guess as to whether this little one is a boy or a girl! I used to think definitely boy in the beginning but there have been several signs lately that are more in line with Hazel's pregnancy, so I really have no idea. Either way I'm trying to keep on top of documenting this pregnancy like the others so that in the not so distant future when I look back at all of this I might actually remember something :)
Week 16 has been great so far. The all day nausea is finally gone and while I have had some pretty gnarly headaches (guessing they are hormonal) I was able to get it to go away yesterday morning (finally!!) by drinking a small cup of coffee. Hoping that keeps the headache at bay for at least a few more days. Other than that it is all just the normal pregnancy stuff (tired, achy, etc) that I've learned to accept.
Hazel's first actual appointment at the pediatric dentist yesterday went great. He has a great demeanor and we had spent all week role playing (having her lay back in the recliner with a dixie cup over her nose to simulate the nitrous and also trying to make loud drill noises) so she was well prepared. Marshall and I dropped Roscoe off at Kidspark by himself so we could take her together which was a first for us. She got to watch Strawberry Shortcake while breathing in strawberry scented nitrous, I can only imagine what a trip that must have been for a 3 year old! She did fantastic though and I was beyond relieved that it didn't end up being the same situation as last time when they attempted to do her dental work. Hoping that after a few great nitrous appointments she might actually be able to handle it without. Afterwards we took a quick trip to the zoo and then had sandwiches and frozen yogurt, so all in all a great day!
Some days I feel like this pregnancy is sailing by and others it just doesn't. We did get our infant carseat this week though and booked a newborn photographer, so it is finally started to feel a lot more real. Only 24 weeks to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay for no more nausea!!
Sounds like so far away, yet such a short amount of time when you say 24 more weeks! (or less possibly!)
hooray for hazel! good for her!
glad you're feeling better!
I'm the same way with the documentation. Not only do I not want to forget anything, it's fun to compare!
Post a Comment