Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I can never think of good titles...

We've been in a bit of a holding pattern these last few weeks in preparation for all of the upcoming activity. It's been good as we've been able to get some stuff done around the house (I painted the kids' playroom and redecorated it, Marshall has been busy at work prepping the side yards of our house for concrete) and also to mentally prepare for everything! I did realize I've been slacking until Monday when it hit me that I hadn't set a date or sent out invites for Hazel's 3rd birthday that was less than three weeks away! Yikes!! That was quickly remedied with a trip to Target where she got to pick out her own invites, plates, napkins and other small things for the party. I gave her the run of the aisle (spiderman, spongebob, dora, disney princess, etc) but she ended up deciding on a really cute and generic cupcake theme. She did this after much hemming and hawing (whenever she has a decision to make now she says hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... let me think about it.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and draws it out as long as possible!) After three beautifully themed and large birthday partys for both kids so far I'm already tired so this time we decided to just do it at the park down the street with pizza and cupcakes. Also the guest list has been limited to simply a few of her friends (and their parents!) that are local. Whew, thinking about this party is a relief compared to others. I do like throwing parties like that but am going to follow the sage advice of a friend of mine who has BTDT (been there done that) and reserve the big parties for the "big" birthdays, especially since the big ones will always be consecutive for me :)

Hazel and Roscoe did just get their pics taken again to mark Hazel's 3rd birthday (I'm thinking I'm always going to do this as I can always order the CHEAP package at JCPenney and those kind of pics are always fun to have). Hazel did great but Roscoe is definitely in the non-picture taking window right now. Either way they did end up turning out quite cute.

Up next is us leaving for Seattle next Thursday for Melissa' bridal shower. First stop will be to see their great grandma in Olympia who saw Hazel once when she was 7 months old and has never met Roscoe. Needless to say she is quite excited, so that will be a nice visit.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Excited to see you and the kids on Saturday at the shower!

Chiconky said...

Happy birthday Hazel! You won't regret reserving the big parties for the milestones. I wavered, briefly, this year, but I'm back on track now :) The zoo and cupcakes for Syd, visiting grandparents for Eli. I'm proud of Hazel. My kids would have picked every garish TV tie-in, but only after three hours of debating!

Mrs. Morris said...

Oh I'm bummed I won't see you at Melissa's shower. That is the day of my baby shower so I had to decline the invite. How long will you be in town?
We are throwing Kaydriana an expensive 2 yr party because we have to rent a place, but we promised ourselves that going forward, we'll just do small celebrations. She'll still feel loved :)