Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Hazel!

Unbelievable that Hazel's third birthday is already here! In some ways it feels like just yesterday that she was born and in others it feels like we have known her our entire lives. With the first baby the thought of how much our lives have changed since she arrived is pretty overwhelming. I mean, we *thought* we had an idea of how things would be but in reality we had NOT.A.CLUE! She has changed our world, brought us closer together and made us laugh until we have had tears streaming out of our eyes. Last night we went for a beautiful evening walk and she insisted on wearing her "princess shoes" (ie little kid high heels). She kept dancing and sash-a-ying (is that a word?) down the street, it was ridiculously cute. At one point a neighbor stopped and said "what a cutie" and she just looked at him, twirled and exclaimed "YES!" while continuing to dance down the street. Before kids I always used to say that I liked babies but feared "toddlerhood". I think their honesty, energy and mood swings are mostly what scared me off. Now that I have my own toddler these have been some of my favorite moments... watching her learn new things, express joy (and sadness too) and have a running commentary on pretty much everything! We sure love you Hazel Rai! Happy happy birthday baby girl!

4 comments:

Mrs. Morris said...

Awww... she sounds like she has such a fun little personality. We haven't officially hit terrible 2's, but the things you say you delight in with Hazel, are things that I love about Kaydriana as she's entered into the toddler world.

Loralyn Cross said...

It really is amazing how they have changed our lives! I can't imagine my life without them. Such an absolute blessing that I never ever want to take for granted!

Jenny said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Hazel! Wow! The BIG 3!!!!

Amy and Matt said...

Happy Bday Hazel...I remember the morning Hazel was born clearly...I was rocked out of bed by an earthquake in our apartment...maybe that is a sign that she will rock your world...hehehe =)