Yesterday's appointment overall went really well. I say overall because we had a bit of concern in the middle, but it all worked itself out. Since my appointment was late in the afternoon Marshall was able to go with me which was really wonderful. We first did the NST and everything was great. The next thing to do was check the level of amniotic fluid (AFI) and then we could be on our way. Due to our insurance, the midwife either had to do the AFI or send us out to the hospital to check it so she decided to just do it herself with an ancient dinosaur of an ultrasound machine. When she was using this old machine she really couldn't see much fluid and started to get concerned, asking if I had noticed any leaking fluid (uh...no?) or anything else the past few days. She then decided to check my cervix as well (70% effaced, fingertip dilated) and said that she would try to see if the ultrasound tech not covered by our insurance was available to do a quick check for us that late in the afternoon.
Cory, the ultrasound tech, was able to squeeze us in and was really great. Marshall, being his usual charming self, had her laughing a lot and at that point she switched her machine over to the 3D function for a quick look and it was amazing!!! I saw our baby's smooshed face right away but it took Marshall a second to figure it out. What a difference between the 2D and 3D ultrasounds! (I've attached the pictures below, see if you can decipher the smooshed baby face - it's her eyes, nose and lips) She then measured the fluid level and we got an 8 (we were shooting for 6 or above) which was wonderful news since it meant that I wouldn't have to be sent over to the hospital for a possible induction. We were then told we could go home which was very exciting!
To celebrate the good news we went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I partly wanted to do this because I can not tell you how many Fresno labor stories start with "I had a huge Mexican meal and then started to feel funny..."
6 comments:
all i can say is crazy!
Holy guacamole! That is so cool. She is cute! Our thoughts are with all of you. You're going to do great! Tell Hazel "Hi Friend!" for us :) -Nate, Shaloma & Zeke
OHHH! I love her already! What a precious little girl! How exciting for you guys to see her in 3D! Good luck Momma! You my friend are about to become a "Mother Warrior!"
Enjoy these last few days before she makes her debut!
Wonderful! Keep the good news coming, thats what I say.
Is Hazel coming today? Today is the day I picked and I must be the ultimate winner! :) Thinking about you guys...
Last day of work!!! WOOHOO!!
Post a Comment