I can't get over how much my life has changed in the past 2 1/2 weeks. I thought I would have somewhat of an idea of what to expect of motherhood but nothing could have prepared me for the real thing. The sleep deprivation, emotional mood swings, physical pain of recovering from childbirth and difficulties with breastfeeding have definitely been unexpected challenges that I have honestly had to will myself to power through. However, the love I have for our daughter, the immense joy I feel when I see Marshall and her interacting and knowing that our beautiful little family has just begun all far outweigh any of the difficulties I might let myself get caught up in.
Hazel seems to be doing great and is becoming more alert which is really nice. She still has her days and nights mixed up which leads to a lot of naps for me during the day and a lot of visine for Marshall to cover up his bloodshot eyes at work :)
I can't believe that already this weekend Aunt Melissa will be here and then next week a whole host of visitors including grandparents, great grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles and family friends will be here to meet Hazel for the very first time (oh yeah, and to celebrate Marshall's Ph.D!) We can't wait to see everyone!
Hazel & Dad at Nap Time

Loving her first bath

More of her first bath

Our little strawberry
4 comments:
super cute Laura! Can't wait to see more of this little one. It will get better in time.
The first few weeks are INTENSE, definitely--but it does get easier around the 6-8 week mark. Don't hesitate to contact your local La Leche League group if you need information/support/help with breastfeeding--or feel free to call or email me if you'd rather. Hang in there! And congratulations yet again!!
-Bryn
I can't believe Hazel is one month old! Happy Birthday to Hazel!
Laura and Marshall,
Congratulations!!! I just found out today that you 2 had a baby. I am so happy for you 2. Hazel is absolutely beautiful. I will be praying for you guys and for Hazel with this heart murmur. God bless you and your little family!
Love and Hugs,
Kristen (Hyatt) Desgroseillier
Post a Comment