Whew...we have accomplished a lot this weekend, and it is only Saturday! We finally bought our crib, dresser/changing table and crib mattress today, which was exciting. I had looked up a lot of cribs online and so when we went to the store I was looking forward to seeing all of the options in person. What is funny is that we both ended up loving the one from online and that is what we ended buying. While I really like the darker colored cribs, we recently bought a desk in that color and I can't believe how incredibly dusty it gets! Because of this we ended up going with the honey oak color which we really like a lot. The nice thing about the crib is that it is convertible, which means that it can be used as a toddler bed and then a full size bed (we bought the conversion kit to do this as well). At the store, we talked to another mom buying the same crib (for her twins) and she advised us to go to Costco since they had rockers and recliners in stock. So we headed over there and ended up finding a great rocking recliner in a pretty green color, which will go well with all of the other stuff in the baby's room. It feels like we got a lot accomplished, so that is nice. We still have to wait for the furniture to get here as they said it could take up to 12 weeks to arrive, but that is fine because we were looking early.
This week I have been feeling relatively good, except that the back and sideache pain is getting to be a lot more intense. What is hard is that just sitting down doesn't seem to alleviate it at times, so it is hard to find a comfortable position. Also, I gained a little more weight this week than usual, but it really does feel like I have gotten a lot bigger in the last two weeks. I am beginning to feel like that girl in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory who blows up into a blueberry!
Our crib and dresser
2 comments:
this is so cute!
Shall I call you Violet Beauregarde?
Post a Comment