Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Let the countdown begin!!

A lot happened today. First off I called the midwife's office and postponed my first appointment with her until 1/6/09 so that I could keep my OB/GYN appointment with Dr. Peters on 12/18/08 and get the big ultrasound (anatomy scan and sex determination) done with Marshall there. After that I called Dr. Peter's office to confirm and it turns out that a request I made last Friday to get a copy of my file sent to the midwife actually "terminated" me from Dr. Peters' practice and canceled ALL of my future appointments! I was really sad that I hadn't thought it all through and now instead of having too many appointments in December I had none. Also, I knew it would tricky to reschedule the ultrasound as Marshall has a really tight schedule at Kaiser. I did try and keep a positive attitude and the receptionist told me she would try and see if she couldn't help me and would call me back. She didn't call me back for almost nine hours (!!) but luckily when she did she was able to get my file back, reschedule the ultrasound for 12/18 and put a note in the file to transfer it to the midwife's office after 12/18. How exciting!! Now that means if we have cooperation we should be able to see our baby and determine the sex in just 10 days! Wait, make that:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
Just stopping to tell you that I CAN'T WAIT for you guys to come to SEATTLE!!!! Do you think you might have time to squeeze in a visit...anywhere... I don't care where. Kinda would like to see Mom and Dad too:)
By the way, baby bump is ADORABLE:)