Well we got home from Cabo late Saturday night and spent all day yesterday unpacking, washing stuff and unbelievably started packing again for our annual river rafting/camping trip on the King's River! I knew that this month was going to be a whirlwind and as fun as everything has been and is going to be I'd be lying if I said I wasn't running out of steam :)
Cabo was fun. Overall, probably not a place Marshall and I would go to again for quite some time as it is a little bit touristy/over crowded/expensive for our taste but it was still a great trip and we are glad we went. It worked out pretty well with the two kids though because we had a nice two room unit with our own personal sand pit off the deck that was steps to the kiddie pool, so a great proportion of each day was spent doing one of four things: eating, napping, swimming or playing in the sand. We also made two of our days at the resort "all-inclusive" and they didn't make us pay for the kids, so that was nice- although our bill for those two days were filled with heaps of french fries, quesadillas and virgin strawberry daiquiris that weren't "ours", ha ha! What I liked most about the whole experience was spending so much concentrated time as a family without other distractions. Unbelievably it felt like Hazel and Roscoe became even closer and it was nice to have the four of us together with no agenda. I do still feel a bit naive for thinking that traveling internationally with two small kids was a good idea (hello Hazel sprinting under "DO NOT ENTER" signs while we stood arms filled with bags in the customs lines) but I always enjoy a challenge and am glad that has been checked off of our list. I will say that asking a 1 and newly 3 year old to sit still for three hours is a lot to ask so I'm not surprised at how squirmy they get when on airplanes. I'm really going to need to practice some deep breathing techniques for our flight to Philadelphia this August for Melissa and Joe's wedding.
Ok, on to the river and spending some quality time with one of our FAVORITE families... the Cross Family! Dying for our kiddos to spend time playing together and hanging out. Now just to get this camping packing list out of the way and everything ready. It has already proven to be miles easier having our trailer as we are working on getting it fully stocked so that we only have to pack food and clothes for our future camping endeavors. Now it is just a matter of getting used to what is staying on the trailer and what we need to bring with each time. We are hoping to get to the point where it will be easy to just head out for quick weekend camping trips whenever we feel like going somewhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like fun! Perhaps I can figure out some "tips" for flying longer than 3 hours! :)
Had the best time ever! We look forward to it all year, then it sneaks up on us, and is over before we know it. Already looking forward to next year! lol. Thanks for hosting us for our newly annual "day after" - for sure one of my favorite parts of the whole weekend! XOXO
Post a Comment