We are ready to do our "trial run" with the new trailer this weekend with Uncle Les, Aunt Patty and Chris. We will be heading up to Hollister Hills State Park for the weekend. I've done most of the prep work and now I just need to work on getting some stuff packed up and ready to go for when Marshall gets home and we head out the door (of course we shall still be making our morning trek to Skywalk for some bouncing though since I think it will wear the kids out nicely for the drive). I'm a little anxious about the fact that the last few longer car rides Hazel has gotten sick and it has not been pretty! I guess I'll be making a barf cleanup kit and be vigilant of making sure that she looks up and towards the direction we are driving in, as it has usually been her looking down (and subsequently puking on) the ipad or book she is holding and looking at.
What's weirdest and nicest is knowing that we already went through and got the trailer all stocked up with camping stuff that stays on board. It really eliminates 75% of the packing involved with camping. We will also be taking note of what we are missing and still need to be ready in time for our big Memorial Day camping trip on the Kings river.
Ok, I really better get going now and get things ready! Looking forward to a fun, relaxing, smores filled weekend with our family!!
1 comment:
Have fun! I'm reminiscing about my own camping trips with my family in the tent trailer. Mari wasn't a good sleeping partner. :)
Post a Comment