Week 16 got off to a great start with a nice Thanksgiving and relaxing weekend. Katie and I did venture out on the morning of Black Friday and had a fun time scoping out the deals (the only downside... the 100 MINUTE line at Kohl's!!!) I was surprised at how physically exhausted I was after shopping all day as I am usually a pretty active person. I did stay away from baby stuff for the most part, but ended up buying a really cute book and a Christmas onesie for the baby next year. Marshall also got into the swing of things this year since he finally bought a Wii and we have been playing the various games the past couple of days. The most fun for us has been the Guitar Hero World Tour where we have to play the guitar, drums and also sing... it has been quite entertaining and I'm sure Marlee is really confused as to what we are doing! Also I read somewhere the the baby can start to hear what is going on, so I'm sure listening to us sing/play Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" has been a fun introduction to the sounds of the world. I also bought some stuff at Michaels to make my own wreath for our front door as well as a garland for our mantle. I started with just the basic greenery and then added decorations, bows, bells, lights and flowers for the finishing touches. I even learned how to make the bow for the wreath by watching a how to video on You Tube. I had a fun time putting it all together and enjoy doing projects like that. Now I just need to get motivated again to go back to work after the nice relaxing 4-day weekend!
Wreath before
Wreath after
Mantle before
Mantle after
Front of Onesie
The back of the onesie... "My 1st Christmas"
My guitar hero! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment