Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

It's leap day... an extra day in the year to do something new and different, right?? Ahh, not really (at least not around here). It's a work day for Marshall, I'm home with the kids and we are already counting the hours until the weekend again! In a way this all still feels like the calm before the "storm" that is going to start soon with oh so much traveling and seeing friends and family. I'm really looking forward to it but I also know I'll be ready to relax come September when it's all over.

Lately, everyone who sees Roscoe has been commenting on just how grown up he is looking/acting. I honestly haven't noticed it as dramatically but he certainly is just a few months away from being a two year old... unreal! He is starting to say more words but is definitely "behind" where Hazel was at this point. When we saw his doctor this week for his 18 month checkup she just laughed and said two things - a) Don't compare him to Hazel, she's always been ahead of the curve and b) he's a boy! It's not like we've been worried or anything but it was funny to have her say that. The good thing is I have felt like I really had a nice long phase of him being a baby unlike with Hazel where she seemed to grow up too fast.

Speaking of Hazel, she has been singing like crazy... entire songs even! She is still a bit shy to do it in front of others or the videocamera but at home she just goes for it full force. So adorable. She can do all of her ABC's, count to 20, write an H for the first letter of her name and tell us the full "play by play" of what happens in Toy Story (ha ha). She is such a sponge right now just asking about everything and interested in hearing all about stuff. I'm thoroughly enjoying this phase with her right now - independent yet adorable :)

Well I think that's all for now. I got a new Macbook so I've been trying to do some tax returns on the side to help pay it off, so time to do a little "work" on the side! :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Woohoo Hazel and Roscoe!!

Yes, Nik also is not much of a talker, especially compared to his girl friends. The doctor isn't concerned as he has enough words at his age. These boys will talk eventually, right??

Brülosophy.com said...

"What the heck?!"

Sponge, indeed...