I decided to go to the park again yesterday, only this time Hazel and I were the only ones there. She played a little but was getting sleepy so I sat down on the bench with her, wrapped her blanket around her and rocked her to sleep as I looked out across the playground to the elementary school next door. As I watched the kids running around during their recess it made me realize that before I know it Hazel will be one of those kids too. I looked down at her in my arms fast asleep and immediately thought of these song lyrics:
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
Of course, before I knew it I was sitting there crying but I think it was a good moment for me. It definitely helped me to feel better about deciding to take a break from my job (which had been my identity for quite some time) and instead to pause and enjoy what I have before me. Later that night, Hazel was up for over an hour and did not want to be put down in her crib. I got her to sleep no problem over five times but everytime I set her down, she would wake up. I finally brought her into our room and she didn't even want to sleep inbetween Marshall and I, she only wanted to sleep tucked under my arm and right up against me. Tired from a long day I once again found myself thinking... You're gonna miss this and it couldn't be more true.
Loving the swing
Going for a stroll



3 comments:
So true! How quickly they grow; it's bittersweet, no?
Everytime that Nik falls asleep on me, I immediately think that I should try and put him in his crib because there is something that I NEED to do... But, there's nothing that I NEED to do, but relax with my baby while he sleeps on me. This will only last so long.
xoxo
Yes we are going to miss this. Heck I already miss him as a little 5lb newborn that I could carry everywhere and he couldn't get away. I can't even imagine how much I will miss this when he is all grown up.
I love the pic of Hazie in the swing...She's got that look of "just a busy day at the office! Doin what I do, swingin on the swing!"
Post a Comment